Sunday, November 17, 2013

Prompt #1 Revised

My favorite child picture book is Goldilocks and The Three Bears, first written by Robert Southey. When I was little, I was always read this book. Whenever my mom asked me what I wanted read at night, it was always this story. I loved looking at all of the pictures inside of it. I always imagined myself as the little bear, and my mom and dad as papa/mama bear. This book got me into reading. Since it was written so easy to understand, I could read most of it, even as the small toddler that I was. I was so used to reading/listening to it that I memorized almost every page. I have also always loved animals, so seeing this book is about bears got me interested in it. Whenever I was asked in kindergarten what my favorite book was, it was always Goldilocks and The Three Bears. This book is so important because of its impact in getting me reading. I still know that this small picture book is somewhere in my messy room. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the way that you explain how the book is close to you, and what it means to you. I also love this story and have always liked it since I was a child as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Dylan, I also like how you explained how close this book was to you.

    ReplyDelete